Thursday, October 6, 2016

Week5A: Facebook Page Components

Alternate Assignment:


This week I will be doing the alternate assignment because the business I chose to use for class is already existing. I will be analyzing the Facebook usage of 3 businesses similar to the one I chose to use.


Detour Salon

  1. Detour posts on Facebook a few times a week. They are also a boutique, so they advertise the products in store as well as the daily activities in the salon.
  2. I think they are using Facebook in an effective way. Keeping people interested in not only the products available, but show casing the talent of their stylists.
  3. Detour posts a few times a week.
  4. The cover photo is setup and changes every couple months, and the calls to action are setup correctly with the salons phone number, email address, website, and location.
  5. I believe Detour uses Facebook in an effective way and doesn't need improvement.


Christian Wiles Hairdressing

  1. They use Facebook to promote current sales/promotions and client photos.
  2. By briefly overlooking Christian Wile's Facebook page, I can see that the salon is using it effectively. They currently have almost 9k likes and 117 reviews. Posting about upcoming events and hair-shows, this definitely gets clients excited about what the company is up to.
  3. They post about once a week.
  4. The cover photo showcases their awards for 2016 along with a group photo, and the call to action is is correct.
  5. To optimize client interaction I think the salon could post more often.

Hair by Nigel & Co.

  1. It appears the salon uses Facebook to share client photos, and positive reviews.
  2. I don't think they are using the platform as effectively as the other salons I have reviewed.
  3. They have only posted a couple times this month.
  4. The call to action is setup correctly. The cover photo seems unrelated and doesn't tell me a story or give me an idea about the salon.
  5. In my opinion, this salon could improve their use of social media by not manually posting customer reviews, posting more before/after photos, and showing off the culture of the salon to entice people into coming in.
I could use Facebook more effectively if we posted more client photos, featured a stylist of the month, promote current sales, post about our services or have a product we're loving right now post every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment