I believe most social media is compatible for both business and personal use, name one brand that doesn't promote themselves on multiple platforms. Social Media has changed the way we as consumers learn and connect with brands across the world.
In my opinion, Facebook is geared mainly towards personal use.
Facebook was originally designed for college student to connect with peers, it is now used to share your everyday life with family and friends. A look at someone's profile is like looking into a polished version of their lives. Facebook for business is also a useful tool and an excellent way for brands and companies to connect with their "fans" that like their page. It's definitely a double edged sword but Facebook is aimed for personal use.
Instagram is becoming huge for businesses and brands to use as a marketing tool.
There's so many different things you can share- your product, sales, storefront, events and daily activities. Instagram now has a "contact" button added directly to the profile for easy access.
I can say that 80% of the accounts that I follow on Instagram are brands that I am obsessing over. Companies can take advantage of users with a high following to promote their name for them, sometimes for free. Free marketing? Who wouldn't take advantage of that. I have a decent following on Instagram and I have previously worked with a few companies to promote their product, sometimes the promotion is for profit, but often the process is just an exchange for more followers and sampling their product. I believe Instagram will continue to be a successful marketing tool for businesses.
Facebook was originally designed for college student to connect with peers, it is now used to share your everyday life with family and friends. A look at someone's profile is like looking into a polished version of their lives. Facebook for business is also a useful tool and an excellent way for brands and companies to connect with their "fans" that like their page. It's definitely a double edged sword but Facebook is aimed for personal use.
Instagram is becoming huge for businesses and brands to use as a marketing tool.
There's so many different things you can share- your product, sales, storefront, events and daily activities. Instagram now has a "contact" button added directly to the profile for easy access.
I can say that 80% of the accounts that I follow on Instagram are brands that I am obsessing over. Companies can take advantage of users with a high following to promote their name for them, sometimes for free. Free marketing? Who wouldn't take advantage of that. I have a decent following on Instagram and I have previously worked with a few companies to promote their product, sometimes the promotion is for profit, but often the process is just an exchange for more followers and sampling their product. I believe Instagram will continue to be a successful marketing tool for businesses.
I name snap chat as my nonbrand platform! But I could be totally wrong and don't follow many people, haha. I really like your blog and agree that the light pink makes it very simple and clean.
ReplyDeleteWhat do you currently promote on Instagram? I promote for a wedding venue and it takes up more time than I thought it would.
I totally forgot about Snapchat! I've promoted for a few different brands such as Rocksbox- a jewelry subscription company, an app called Alua, a ride share price comparison app call YayYo, and more. I'm currently a part of an Influence community that connects me with popular brands that need promotion and I get rewarded via free products or $ for completing the task. It does take up a lot of free time but I enjoy it!
ReplyDelete